Friday, August 9, 2013

June 27- Missions Rock!

Why Hello my amazing family!!

Man oh man this week has been crazy!!! And don't worry I am aware that it is Thursday and I am writing! It's because we had to switch our P-day to a different day due to ALL the crazy that has been happening in the mission! With Zone Conferences AND with all the new missionaries they have made a whole lotta new missions so mine got split! Actually happening today! anyway so we had a HUGE whole mission conference! We were so spiritually filled and then cried! They asked me to lead the music which was just wonderful until the opening song was "I'll go where you want me to go" which is in 6/8 time and really WHO KNOWS HOW TO ACTUALLY DIRECT THAT?! Not I! hahahaha so there was a lot of giggling as I switched from actually waving frantically 1 2 3 4 5 6 then to 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 and then to a slow 2. (Does that make sense?) anyway lets just say I had a HUGE smile on my face directing everyone I stayed in time with the music I just couldn't decide which meter I actually wanted to do ANYWAYhahah... We had an amazing meeting and learned so much about Grace (we watched "His Grace is sufficient" by Brad Wilcox... if you haven't watched it stop reading and do it now! It will change your life... actually even if you have go do it again!) President Riggs got up and spoke, as well as the assistance and it was just so great! then brutally we ended this spiritual feast with "God be with you till we meet again" which I was fine directing until I made eye contact with these three beauties who will all be heading to the other mission...
 



 
came and I weeped... seriously huge smile, fake singing (because nothing would come out) and then tears streaming down my face! I love these elders and sisters so much! They have changed my life and I will miss them!
We also had that amazing broadcast from the Prophet and other apostles which was mind blowing and I am pretty sure I had every missionary keeping their eye out for Jonathan! haha with no luck. Darn! One kid at the end looked a little like him and both Elder and Day and I thought it was him but nope. haha It was so amazing though to hear the amazing news from the bretheren! Man oh man Heavenly Father Loves us so much and he just wants us to all come unto him! Christ did everything for us, all we need to do is open our mouths and help each other so we can all succeed in this amazing roller coaster of a life! No one should do it without this amazing gospel! So please open your mouth!

We had some amazing lessons with Grant! Oh my goodness he is so prepared! He is searching for Heavenly Father and we are there just as guides to help him know how to find his answers! It has been really cool to watch his transformation even in the weeks we have been teaching him! I love this gospel and I can't believe I am lucky enough to get to help! I prayed last night and asked if Joseph Smith was his servant and if he had actually given him his Power and Authority to translate the book of mormon, and had this overwhelming excitement wash over me and I asked if the book of Mormon truly was his word and could bring me closer to Him and I was again washed over with such happiness I felt as if the feeling inside of me was too big for my body to contain! I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. The Same one He himself organized. I know that there is a Prophet of God for us to learn from (just like in the bible! So cool!) I know that prayers are answered in the Way Heavenly Father see's they need to be answered, but they are ALWAYS answered! It isn't our place to tell him when we are done with His timing. It's our job to keep the commandments and know that as we do we will be blessed tremendously. I love that and I love my Savior! I hope you all have an amazing week and I will talk to you monday!

LOVE YOU!!!

love Sister Stones

And I just love these Beauties!! (Sister Crockett, me, Sister Jeppsen, and Sister Borland)

 
We made one large nobake cookies.... yummmm

 
 
 It's REALLY humid and hot...... yummm
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment