Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Aug 19- Hello From the East Coast

This week has been so much fun! And it has been beautiful. It's been in the 60s-80s with light humitity and light breezes. It's like I am in california... except without the beautiful beaches. But it's ok. Last summer I was MELTING and on bike so I will take this anyday! I even busten out my cute half boots and scarfs today! LOVE IT!
Ok first I have to comment on how hilarious it is that jonathan can't stay on his bike! I think he is going to far surpass me in the tally for "Bike: enter number here, Elder Stones:0" So all I have to say is I am going to make a score board if no one else does hahaha I love you bubba and I feel your pain! haha You will get a point some day! OH I know. You can gain a point every week you don't fall off!! That's a good one! You're welcome!
Ok so onto my amazing week! First we were supposed to have a baptism this week but it got pushed back a little. Zahra's mom is really wanting to make sure that she is knowing what she is doing, so she has asked her to visit a couple other churches and then when she does and still feels like this is right for her she can go ahead. haha that's a weird commitment to give someone, "Go to some other churches please so you can get baptized!" haha she knows it's true and I am not worried at all, I am grateful she loves her mom enough to do what she asks. SO I don't know when but Zahra's getting baptized one of these weekends! haha :)
We went on two exchanges this week with some amazing Sisters! I love having this calling! I get to learn so much as I teach these sisters but also as they teach me! I have the amazing opportunity to meet so many different people from all over and in differen phases of their conversion so I am learning a lot!
But besides our amazing investigations we got to go to the temple this week!!! It has been REALLY needed, and I was so grateful for the spirit there. I am so thankful for the blessings of the temple in my life!
Lets see... what else is happening! Oh yeah! Man how can I forget! Transfers are this week. Thursday. We find out tomorrow for sure, but we are pretty sure that Sister Borland will be transfered and I will get another companion. I am so excited/sad. I love change, but I love sister Borland! It will be good though! We are also getting elders in our area as well! AND our Bishop is moving to Utah in about a week!! SO there is a lot of change that's going on and I am thankful for the strength I will recieve to just keep swimming and loving the sun! :)
ALSO, there is a new mail policy. It is getting to be too much for the office to forward our mail. and the post office is going to start charging them. so with each new transfer you will have to send you letters to my specific address. my gainesville is:
Sister Michelle Stones
13550 Heathcote Blvd #321
Gainesville, VA 20155
Let the writting commence!
I love you all and I hope you have an amazing week!! You are all wonderful and I will talk to you next week! With more exciting updated news!! The life of a missionary is exciting!
Love,
Sister Stones
 
This link is to a dropbox photo album that Michelle created I am not sure if it will work or not. :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment