Saturday, February 2, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!! 12-31-12

WHAT IS UP MY GOOD LOOKIN FAMILY!!?!

I LOOOOOVED seeing everyone!! I literally felt right at home, everyone talking all at the same time, kids yelling and crying and whining in the background, everyone cracking jokes/not paying attention, malfunctioning computers. mmm paradise! hahaha I love it so much! Seriously I cried when I saw everyone, and cried for like .2 seconds when I had to say goodbye, but was totally fine and went on my merry way. haha SO many tender mercies! I love this area, I love my companion, and I love the members in our ward. Everyone made sure we had a place all day so we weren't ever alone. :) The Adam's family took great care of us and are such wonderful people! They feed us all the time and they love the missionaries so much! After I talked with everyone we went to another family's home to their "Second Annual Talent Show" haha they are a riot! We sang a christmas song to join in on the fun. Ate guacamole (delish) and their daughter got us footed pajama's!! Say what?! I was so happy! I had been saying how I needed to get some and there they were! haha Don't worry I've worn them every night, they keep my reeeal warm. haha. We talked with Sister Kings Family and then had dinner with another super cute family in the ward. All in all It was a wonderful day! OH an Darlene (from my first area, who has my heart) called from the shirlingtons sister's phone and wished me a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! aahhh literally putting a cherry on top of a wonderful day! SO many tender mercies, I love my Heavenly Father! He takes good care of me.

On top of that we have had a great couple weeks! My new companion is Sister King! She. is. amazing. She draws, and sings, and knitts, and is really great at sharing the gospel! She is from the Temple Square mission but is on her outbound here for a couple months and I love having her! This week we have been doing a lot of knocking on doors and going through our area book to try to find new/more people to teach! And it has been a hoot! It is freezing and most of the time it feels like I am walking around with nubbs for feet because I can't feel my toes, but it's totally worth it! We met a man the other day while tracking, his wife passed away a month ago and he was SO willing to let us come in and talk with him. I gave him a Book of Mormon to read and told him a little about Gods plan for us and for our families and set up a time to come back and teach him (we couldn't go inside because their was no female home, safety reasons), but he was so thankful and so humble and my heart just broke listening to him, but as we walked away the spirit filled my soul with Joy! We are going to teach him and he will get baptized! Then he can do his wife's work and when he goes through the temple he can be sealed to her! And if his boys (13 and 22) learn with him they can all be sealed as a family in the temple! I love this gospel so much! I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth! The same one he established himself. He is still at the head and he is still leading and guiding us! I know that we have a prophet on the earth to lead us, and as we follow his council we can be blessed and receive comfort in this world of turmoil! I know that the authority of God, his Priesthood Authority, has been restored so we can perform the saving ordinances required for salvation. I know that my Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for me... and for every person who has and who will live on this earth, so that we can overcome anything life throws at us! And I know that it is only through Him that I will be able to live with my Father in Heaven again! I love my savior, I love this gospel, and I love being a missionary, to share even with one person the wonderful gift God has given us. Hope.

Let us go out and share this hope. Think of the people that you know that NEED this gospel but "don't know how to find it". Be that chain be the link that helps them come back to the fold, there is one shepherd and he needs us. I love this season and I pray to keep it with me all year! Make a new years resolution to share the gospel more. Open your mouth, be an example, stand out of the crowd, be the light in the darkness! I love you all so much! You are in my prayers and I hope you have a wonderful New Years!

Love you,
Sister Stones

Picture Descriptions
1 and 2- I LOVE US!! We danced around the house in them :)
3: Free Cafe Rio Christmas Eve (members behind us in line bought is for us! they were so kind!)
4: My winter coat (and my fat kid smile haha)
5: Christmas presents
6: Jonathan's Street, and the next one down is Fantasia St. (don't worry theirs also a windsor way, a sandys Ct)
7: CHRISTMAS TREE
8: me and Curtis :)
9: Me and Sister King
10: We glued together a little gingerbread house :) hehe (sister Merkley Sent me a package with a bunch of decorations in it!)












 

No comments:

Post a Comment