Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving- Nov 24

Note from blog editor: I know this is out of order, I was missing the letter from this week and just got it, so here it is...

Happy Thanksgiving FAM BAM!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful turkey day!! And stuffed your faces full of yummy treats and pies and ice cream and stuffing and potatos and anything else you would like to eat!!! Because we sure did!

We are at 2 different people's home ha! One at the Daines in the afternoon which was delicious! Their family is crazy so I felt right at home Ha pour sister Feng on the other hand couldn't wait to get out of there because she felt so out of place. They were all talking at once and quoting random movies and just literally being crazy! haha Then in the afternoon since we didn't have any appointments and we were asked to not knock on peoples door and pross we then had the brilliant Idea to go ask people if we could rake their lawns haha yeah... not so brilliant people just looked at us weird and told us no. So that was a flop. But we tried. But that night we had ANOTHER thanksgiving dinner at the Adams families house. Which was amazing. They have 2 little girls 4 and 2 and they are so cute!! We ate food and then since we didn't have anything else that we could do that night we "served" them by helping them decorate their house for Christmas since they just moved in and needed help! Oh my goodness it was so much fun!! We listened to Christmas music and decorated the tree and sang and laughed. So needed!! I loved it! Then we ended our night by picking up a turkey and dropping it off to a family in need! They were so thankful for it and I was happy to help!

Ok my favorite miracle from this week Happened yesterday! Her name is Danielle (she doesn't live in our area but it's ok) she was broken down on the side of the road because her car ran out of gas. We drove up behind her and put on our hazards and asked if she needed help, she told us her predicament and we told her to get in our car and we would help fix it. We told her we were missionaries and what we did, and she was so intrigued, she wanted us to come and talk with her daughter because she was having a rough time because her dad was in Jail for life. (WHAT?!) a bunch of her family members were diagnosed with cancer and some of them had passed away recently. I asked Danielle how she was coping with everything happening and she just got quite. So I told her about the book of Mormon and the hope that she could find from reading it and talking to the missionaries, it was really cool to see the glimmer of hope catch in her eyes. Once we finally got the car all figured out we exchanged information and the gave us the BIGGEST hugs ever! I know she was an answer to my prayers that day and God placed her there for us to find and come in contact with!

I know that this church is true! I am thankful for my Savior and for his example to me. That if I stop for a second and slow down and look around there are so many people on the side waiting for someone to help. We could have been like every other car that passed her that night but we stopped. Her prayer was answered as well as mine. God answers our prayers through helping other people and forgetting about ourselves. I am thankful to be serving a mission, it's tough I am not going to lie, but that one miracle made my whole week worth it.

I love you guys so very much! You are all an inspiration to me! Have an amazing week and I will catch ya on the flip side!

Love,

Sister Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment