Saturday, February 2, 2013

Grace Jan 28

Hello family!!!

Oh my goodness I have had such an amazing crazy week! We had a bunch of lessons, and finding, and SNOW, and 20 degree weather, and a BAPTISM :) Fun times that is for sure!! :)

The weather has been COLD!! haha I am so grateful for my Eskimo jacket I bought on christmas eve! It has saved my life!! And being able to drive a car. But I personally love when people say, "Stay warm!" when you knock on their doors and I just want to say, "If we were in your home we would be! :)" hahaha it may or may not work. Maybe this week I will try it and I will let you know! :) hehe But yeah it snowed and we are teaching a couple of men and we couldn't go in their homes because their weren't any females their (mission rules, keeping us safe) and so one of them we taught him in the garage with the door open and the other on his door step, haha. Lets just say I am surprised I still have fingers and toes and they haven't fallen off yet, but hey we taught them and it was great!

Matthew got baptized!! Sister King spoke on baptism and I spoke on the Holy Ghost. It was so much fun to be there for him! He looked so great and so happy and he kept telling everyone, "It was Sister Stones' idea that I get baptized." and then I would say "Matthew it was God's idea I just opened my mouth and asked!" :) haha Love him, he's a hoot. Then on Sunday he was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! Oh lets just say I was a weepy mess the whole time at church, I was just super sensitive to the spirit and LOVE my ward we attend, so it was great!!!

Ok so I have been studying the topic of Grace in my morning studies the last couple days because I have been trying to figure out how to better explain how we are saved by the Grace of Christ. It is just such a misunderstood word and I wanted to know it better so I could explain it better when teaching so when people say, "I'm already saved thanks" and close their door on us, I can know how better to respond. There are two parts to grace, because Christ saved us from two different deaths. One being physical death, which most everyone knows about. He was resurrected so that everyone whether Good or evil will be resurrected and brought before our Father in Heaven to be Judged. The second death is spiritual death. Or when we separate ourselves from God or sin. Which is really hard NOT to do. haha because we are all mortal we sin. That is the one thing that everyone has in common. No matter who you are, what your job may be, or what color skin you have, we will all sin and so we all need to be cleansed from it. It's a fact, when things are dirty you clean them. And if we don't clean it we can't live with God. again. Another fact. SO. We NEED Jesus Christ. Everyone. He is our Savior the only way we may be able to live with God again, to have Eternal life. He has already paid in full, so he sets the requirements of what we do. And when we are following him and doing those requirements we aren't "paying him back" it's already paid. We are obeying because we love him. We obey because we want to become like him. And we obey so that we may desire to change, to rid our self of what makes us dirty so we may one day live with him again. So we may be comfortable in his presence. But we have to be willing to change, to make mistakes and to try again. I pray that I may be able to understand what I need to change about myself so when that time does come when I stand before my Father I can smile knowing that I have done all he has asked of me. That I have become who he needs me to be. I love my Savior. He is my redeemer and I am so blessed to be able to serve him. I know that his Church has been restored to the earth, and I love being apart of it!

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

Love,

Sister Stones

PS. Check our this talk!! It is amazing and will change your life. It's short and sweet and to the point. Love you all!

 
Pictures!!
1.-Matthews baptism
2- dis is muh little friend! :)
3-Don't worry I ate 3 lbs of almonds... I got that for Christmas... that was my last handful :)
4-I am really good at parking





 

No comments:

Post a Comment