Friday, June 7, 2013

May 13- Holla!

What is up my good looking family!!!
Man oh man was it good to see you all last night! Even if it wasn't for very long for some the time was amazinG!! I am so glad that everyone is doing so wonderfully all the kids looked so big!!! Holy cow everyone needs to calm down in the growing up stage! All the kids are so tall and smart and sassy and crazy and I love everything about it. Most of the time I couldn't really hear what was being said but getting to SEE everyone was totally fine haha. Everyone looked so good!!
Thank you again for all the birthday wishes and love sent my way throughout the last couple weeks! They've been felt and loved!
This week has been fun! We have been contacting and teaching more lessons and finding more people! We do something called the "Power Hour" Where we take an hour in the day and we knock on doors or street contact or do all we can to get as many scheduled appointments as we can. Sometimes it is really fruitful! :) We have about 5 lessons already planned from it, from the other day! whoohoo!! So that is fun and something else we are trying this week is talking to people that have become less active in the ward here. We are going to talk with them and share messages with them and encourage them to come back and partake of the sacrament, so that they may be able to access the amazing blessings of the atonement and the grace of God in their lives. God wants to help us in all that we do, but he has commandments and guidelines for us to abide by, and if we choose to not listen then we can't recieve those promissed blessings. That's just how it is. But, if we keep the commandments of God, if we read our scriptures and say our prayers and go to church and strengthen our faith in Christ and change to be like Him we are PROMISED the help that we need and we are PROMISED those amazing blessings! I love my Heavenly Father for just that. Asking me to change so I can be happier. If I am "comfortable" where I am at then I am not accessing the atonement all the way, and I am missing out on blessings! ha who wants that?! Not me! I don't know about you but I NEED those blessings and I need the help. So I am going to do EVERYTHING that the Lord has asked of me, I am not going to be perfect in anyway, but I will try.
I love this gospel, and I love my Father in Heaven, who loves me, His imperfect daughter. He has so much patience, and his arms are always open to us. We just need to "come". I love you all so much and I am so grateful for you and your examples to me! Have such a bomb.com week and I will talk to you next week!
Love always,
Sister Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment