Friday, April 19, 2013

April 15- Change Means Growth

Hello Familia!
So it's final I am being transferred. After a 3rd of my mission being in Herndon I am getting the boot! I have loved it here! I love the ward so much and I feel the love right back! Everyone knows I am getting transferred on Wednesday and so they are trying to fit in "other meal arrangements" like breakfasts and dinners so they can say their goodbyes. haha they are hilarious! Bishop also told me I had to come back to Herndon once I was done with my mission, whether it was married or not, they wanted me back. ha! Seriously best ward ever!
So we got awesome news last night that Sister Steadman is training!! That is so exciting! She will be such an amazing trainer! She is freaking out, but she will be totally fine! haha!!! I am stoked! Herndon is in great hands!
So this week has been crazy we have had meetings up the wazoo and lessons all over and its been a lot of fun!! We had a training meeting with all the sisters in the mission. I'll attach a picture so you can see all the amazing sister missionaries in the Washington DC south Mission! Deanna I met sister mitchell! She is adorable and I hope I get a chance to serve with her! That would be so much fun!
We have had such amazing lessons with the different people we are teaching! Ross in particular! He is so close to knowing for himself that this church is true! He has been reading the Joseph Smith History and is so touched by his determination to stand strong to what he knows. Even with all the persecution that came his way! And Ross wants to be able to have that same experience. He wants to KNOW before he is baptized and slowly but surely he is getting there! I love his family so much and I am going to miss them! I may or may not have gotten a little teary eyed when we had our last lesson with him last night and I was bearing my testimony to him! He knows it, he just has to be willing to act! Oh he is so great!! And then we met this man his name is Raymond! Oh my goodness he was a miracle to find! Sister Steadman and I were planning on going finding on a certain street but both felt like it was wrong, so we went to check a member... not home... so.. we prayed.. Asked where we needed to go and so we were off. A different street came to Sister Steadman while we were driving so we went there instead and right when we pulled up Raymond walked outside to smoke a cigarette. So we went and talked to him! He has had a ROUGH life. but because of it he is SUPER open to the gospel! We taught him the restoration and invited him to be baptized and he said of course! And then we asked if he would prepare for a specific date and he said yes! So we now have someone on date to get baptized!!! He is so amazing and I can't wait to watch... well hear about. ha how the gospel is just changing his life. From the couple days already the light with in him was a little brighter and he was happier! I know that the gospel has been restored and if people just let it... their lives would change for the better because of it!!
I love being a missionary and I can't wait to see what fun adventure Heavenly Father has in store for me!!! Love you all!!!
Love,
Sister Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment