Friday, April 19, 2013

April 10- Oh What A Beautiful Morning

Happy Conference Weekend!!!!!
Oh my goodness Conference was the most amazing thing ever! I watched it at a different member of our Wards house for each session, If you didn't get a chance to watch it, stop reading this and go watch some of it! Holy Cow is it worth it!!! lds.org GO!
I loved how bold the brethren were! I needed it! It gave me that assurance to be bold as well. Because we are a "peculiar" people. We don't do things the world thinks are normal, and teaching that to people isn't always the easiest thing. Especially here. But having that reassurance to take a stand and really help people understand so they can repent is comforting! Because truths don't change with fads and changes of time!! I love representing the Lord!
This week has been amazing/ off. haha Because we decided after conference on Sunday night that we wanted to switch our Pday and go to the temple we had to make some phone calls and figure out when, so we finally got a hold of someone (Sister Keck, love her!!) and she said she could go Wednesday! So we made it all happen! So we went to the temple this morning and man was it a breath of fresh air! I haven't been in a while so I felt a stark contrast being in the Lords house. And the DC Temple is immaculate! The spirit was just so strong and exactly what I needed. Because their are lots of changes coming up. Transfers are next week. I am excited/nervous. Change is good, but it is really hard! Especially since I have been here almost 6 months. I know everyone in the ward and I love them all so much! And not to mention all the people we are teaching! They ALL have my heart. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father is in charge of everything so I don't have to worry! I will go where he wants me to go with a smile in my heart knowing I have done all I can here. I came accross this scripture and really really liked it for all aspects of life!
Doctrine and Covenants 123:17 and it says
"....let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."
I LOVE that! We don't know the Lords timing and we don't always understand why things happen, but Our Father in Heaven know's exactly what is needed for each of us and WHEN, I love being a missionary! I do all that I can that lies within my power and then allow the promises of God to be fullfilled! Because they will. Doesn't matter if they are in my time and I see them, they WILL be! That's comforting to me!
I love my Savior and am so grateful for the Gift of the Spirit! To comfort me and teach me everyday! Love you all!
Love,
Sister Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment