Monday, December 17, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas- Dec 17

so... sorry I didn't actually write a letter to everyone last week, my time ran out at the library and so I couldn't write haha. Sad day! But it's ok I am alive and well and it has been a crazy week!

HEYO fam bam!

How is everyone doing this fine Christmas season?! I hope everyone is taking advantage of having the Temple right next to you and going every night! Oh my goodness I didn't realize just HOW much I loved the temple lights until not getting to do all the time. Lucky enough the DC temple does decorate for Christmas with lights but I have to say Mesa beats it :) maybe because it's just "home". We did get to go to the temple lights Tuesday with a Less active and he LOVED it. Hehe his name is Peter. He is a sweet quite older man and we had such a great time!

Christmas coming up can you believe it!? It's amazing! and then New years?! WHAT? seriously it is flying by! We had our half mission devotional last monday and Elder Packer came and spoke with us which was a lot of fun I sang a musical number and it was really cool! Then on friday we had our Full Mission Christmas Party! Which was a blast! We had a talent show and me and some of the other sister sang "Far, Far Away..." and it was awesome!! Sister Berg Beat boxed and we all busted out and sang hahaha it was legit and everyone loved it!

Then we got serious and had a devotional and President Riggs spoke on the savior and the spirit was so strong. I can't even begin to describe and explain my love and appreciation for my savior. My understanding of the atonement has grown exponentially and I have only been out here for a couple months. I have no idea what it will be like in a year! All I know is I am eternally grateful for my savior and his sacrifice, so that I can make mistakes and learn and grow and change. It's amazing to me, and I love him.

We also had a wonderful baptism this Saturday! Andrew Schmidt got baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Day Saints!! He was so happy and we were so happy! The service ran so smoothly and we didn't even do anything! It was all the ward! They came together and there was such a great turn out! I loved feeling the support and really feeling like a family!

Then today we went into DC because sister Feng had never been and really wanted to. So we took the metro in, walked around the "Mall", and the natural history museum and then came back. So not as cool as a missionary hahaha. I did though have a lot of fun sharing the gospel while we were there!! Right off the metro a man handed me a free map so I handed him a free mormon.org card and a card for the temple lights in DC. And then going into the Natural History Museum I was talking to the guard checking my bag and he said he wanted to go to the temple lights that he had never been and that 2 guys told him about it. I told him he needed to call those 2 guys back and have them teach him and that he should go to the lights as well. IT was awesome! haha I loved that so much! I LOVE sharing the gospel! I love just talking to people about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and I love that I get to!! :)

It's weird because Sister Rozsa goes home tomorrow... I am going to miss her SO much! She is the most amazing missionary ever and I am so grateful that I was able to be trained by her! She has influenced my life in the best way possible! But the weird part is that she is going home. I feel like this is what I've been doing for forever and don't want to imagine doing anything else. I am just grateful that I am still in the beginning of my mission. I still have a while to work my buns off. To "waste and wear" out my life as a servant of the Lord! Full time! I didn't know I loved it so much until going into DC and feeling "normal" for a moment. I didn't like it. haha.

I love you all! I seriously can't believe I am on a mission haha but I wouldn't want it any other way! You are all amazing and I can't wait to hear what fun shenanigans you do for Christmas and New Years! If I can't write next week than MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :)

LOVE ALWAYS,

Sister Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment