Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Crazy Time Oct 15

Dear Family!

Hello hello, I have no time at all today as in it's 5 and p-day ends at 6 and I still have lots I have to do! So sadly this will be another short email from me but keep yours all coming and I will try to find some time next week to really sit down and write everyone.

Today has been crazy! We had to go get the packages that mom sent me which was AWESOME! It was like Christmas! I ripped them open right when I get them and I've already given the scarfs away to Sister Ferrin she LOVES them and needed new scarves so, mom good job! :) We went to get our cars emissions checks, went grocery shopping and went to Zone sports in timbucktoo. It rained the whole time we were playing frisbee haha the elders in my zone are crazy!! Jumping and diving and sliding all over the place to get that stinking thing and I got in on the game too and was tearing it up! We went produce shopping at trader joes and at lunch/dinner at Olive Garden!! [greatest choice ever!] And now I am at the library because the computers in our complex don't work. ha So it's been a busy day! [sadly I didn't get to write ANY letters so sorry to those who wrote last week!]

This week has been amazing! We taught 18 lessons?! And found 5 new people to teach! We are so very blessed to be in our area! Everyone is so kind and generous and willing to at least hear the message, a lot of people have a hard time with Joseph Smith they don't know anything about him when we ask they just are bothered by the thought of him I guess? hahah I am not really sure. It makes me giggle. But seriously I love everything about it!

This week we taught a man named Patrick! OH my goodness he is so great!! He has been taking the lessons for a while and knows that it's all true but he has a problem with the word of wisdom and don't want to give it up yet. We had the most powerful lesson with him and it was so cool to be able to talk and have the spirit direct my words! I love it!

We also taught a man from Camaroon. His name is Pascal and he is 26, he's homeless and trying to work his way into an appt and he might be one of the most spiritually in tune people I've ever met. We only had about 20 min with him so we went to a members house and watched the Restoration DVD and at the end of it he just bore the sweetest testimony that he knew it was true. And he is so excited to learn more and be baptized! He had the biggest smile on his face and then he said the prayer and you could swim in the spirit it was so amazing!!! Ah! I love it!!

Oh and side note: I flew off my bike again!!!! I'm pretty done with Virginia drivers! That's all I really have to say about it, hahaha Heavenly Father is DEFINITELY watching out because I wasn't hurt. Just a little tweeked.

The weather is starting to get colder... which is TERRIBLE!! Who in there right mind would live somewhere this cold?! Who in their right mind would bike around when it's this cold?!?! Oh right... the missionaries! hahahaha. The leaves changing colors is really fun to watch though! I will send pictures next week when I have more time! But this week you just get a bunch of different random stories. haha.

I love you all so much!! Keep up the good work!!! You are all in my prayers!! Come what may and love it!!

Love,

Sister Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment