Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Holy Storm Batman!! Oct 31

Hello Familia!!
Oh my goodness I LOVED everyones emails and updates and I am so happy for everyone! It was such an amazing uplifting time to get to read everyone's emails even if you feel like nothing significant is happening in your life I still love hearing about it! I love thinking that we are actually staying in better touch with eachother with me being miles and miles and miles away than when I was at home hahahaha. I love it!
This work is amazing! I love hearing the mission updates that the church headquarters are getting flooded with new applications for people wanting to serve missions!!! I just sat and cried and cheered and danced with sister rozsa this morning because of it! Everyone will have the opportunity to hear the gospel and be blessed by this wonderful gospel! Jesus Christ is most definitely the cornerstone and leader of this church and I am so grateful for the Prophet to lead and guide our generation!! I know this is true and I know that by living it we are blessed abundantly!!! Aahh it's amazing!!
Ok so this week has been crazy!! OH HAPPY HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!! Ok back to the week, as you can see I am writing and it is a wednesday! What I am breaking rules?! Nah I kid I kid, our Pday got moved to today because of the huge storm SANDY. (Mom it was great seein' ya!) I don't actually know the details of the storm because we don't have TV or the internet to watch, but our ward is so amazing and kept us updated! BUT before I get to that (don't mind my ADD I've had it all my life it just comes out more in these emails because I have so much to say!) I will tell you about our amazing Miracles!! WE FOUND A FAMILY TO TEACH!! Oh my goodness they are so amazing! We have been praying for a family to teach that would all be ready together and we met a lady named Janine! She is wonderful, so we've been teaching her the last couple weeks and on Saturday we met her son Jerry (12) and her Daughter Allison (10) and we taught all of them the first lesson at the park. It was such a perfect lesson for them! The spirit was so strong and we asked them [when we finished the lesson] if they would be baptized and they all said yes!! SO we are working toward December 15th and we love them so much!! I LOVE teaching kids! They are so trusting and they can feel the spirit so freely because they allow God to teach them!! It's a breath of fresh air!
Man oh man Heavenly Father has been good to us! We are teaching so many wonderful people!! To name a few David, Luis, Pascal, Joyce, Janine (and her kiddos), Darlene, Ben, Bill, and we meet so many more daily! They are all at different stages in life and all need the gospel in a different way and that's why I love this gospel so much! Because Jesus Christ came every person [no matter who you are, what you've done, what you are going through, or what is goin to come] can overcome anything and everything. Reading the book of mormon, and praying is the greatest medicine for all!! mmmm so good!
Ok ok and then the storm! my oh my was that pretty! Monday is when it hit! It hit at about 5:30 and we were determined to do as much missionary work as we could on monday (because P-day got switched to today... which is great in and of it's self because it's Halloween so we have to go in at 6 so now we just have a FULL P-DAY! I will be able to get so much letter writing in!!! I am stoked!! back to story) So we had a great lesson with Darlene and then we went to see our wonderful women Joyce but she had company so we didn't knock we felt prompted to go and see Bill!!! [hehe Bill is this great older black guy who talks to himself and is super sarcastic and him and Sister Rozsa have the funniest conversations!] So we went to his place (mind you it was raining pretty good and a little windy) and right when we walked in so did he, back from the store! He was buying paint! SO then for the next couple hours we helped him paint his hallway! hahahaha It was the greatest service ever! I wish I brought my camera with me to the library so I could show you how cool he is! We took great pictures and, yeah. It was just hilarious! We actually aren't the first set of missionaries that has come and taught him haha he basically taught us the whole first lesson which was really entertaining. So we are supper stoked to teach him more! But then it was time to go in because of the storm. Funny Story: We were walking back to the car and it was raining and stuff and kind of windy and sister Rozsa looked at me and said, "It's not that bad don't you think we could still work?" then the HUGEST gust of wind came at us and about knocked us both over, her umbrella turned inside out and I just started laughing. "I hear ya!" hahaha is what she yelled and then we booked it to the car. We got hot chocolate from 7-11 and went in for the night. haha We only had our lights flicker once and other than that we were totally fine. Besides sister Rozsa having a heart attack about being in the appt too long. hahaha I love it. I was fine. :)
Last night was our ward halloween party, we dressed up like Missionary ninja turtles hehehe you will just have to wait to see the pictures we were pretty legit. and tonight we get to watch a couple movies because it's halloween and we aren't allowed to be out because it's dangerous and people would be confused if we were knocking on their doors hahaha :)
Ok I love you all so much!! I am grateful to be a missionary and I am so excited to see all the pictures from halloween!! Everyone will probably look amazing!! I am so blessed everyday and love that I get to repent and grow and be a new person every single day! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!
Love,
Sister Stones!

No comments:

Post a Comment